Friday, August 14, 2009

Where Is ... the Blockhouse?

From Where Is ...

This is another in an occasional series of photos for which readers are challenged to identify the location where the photo was taken. Today's challenge: what is this blockhouse and where is it located?

I call it a blockhouse because it sort of looks like a blockhouse (to me), not because it has a military purpose. In fact, I'm not sure what its purpose is and I don't know how it works. I do know what I was looking for when I found it. Maybe I'll learn whether it's what I was looking for from readers who can identify it.

As always, readers who identify the location win a year's free subscription to "Ed Cognoski." Bonus points for identifying which recent blog topic and comment on Conserve & Protect inspired the choice of subject.

Previous challenge: Where is ... the Park Bench?

7 comments:

Sherri said...

Would this by chance have something to do with the sewage treatment plant?
I have no idea where it actually is, for some reason I thought it was tucked in behind some building or wooded area along Spring Valley, but that can't be right.

Ed Cognoski said...

If this were a game of hide-and-seek, you'd be getting warm.

Richardson Echo said...

I know. nyuk nyuk. :)

Anonymous said...

The collective mass gives up. Where is it?

Ed Cognoski said...

Here's a hint. Sherri's guess should lead you to the item on the Conserve & Protect blog. Then look for a link in a Bloggermouse comment.

Anonymous said...

I give up. Can you help an old fart without much internet experience find where this is?

-Carl

Ed Cognoski said...

My apologies for leaving readers hanging on this one. The "blockhouse" can be found here.