Friday, February 29, 2008

Primary predictions; Clinton fear mongering

The Nightly Build...

Tuesday Primary Predictions

Michael Landauer of The Dallas Morning News' Opinion Blog offers his guess at the outcome of Tuesday's Democratic Presidential primary. He thinks the worst of Hillary Clinton, predicting that she'll claim victory no matter what, continue her campaign to the bitter end at the convention, outraging the party. You get the feeling that he keeps an effigy of Clinton in his office that he sticks pins in.

My own prediction? I'll go with the polls. Obama wins Texas by 2%. Clinton wins Ohio by 2%. Obama wins more delegates, helped by the Texas caucuses. Clinton will not drop out Tuesday night. Superdelegates will start declaring for Obama beginning Wednesday. Bill Richardson and John Edwards will come out for Obama before the end of the week. Clinton will drop out soon after.


Fear Mongering in the Presidential Campaign

Hillary Clinton is desperate. When you are desperate, you throw everything but the kitchen sink at your opponent. Fear mongering is part of the salvo. Her latest television ad, drawing on voters' fears about who can best protect our national security, is a case in point. Wouldn't you like to see this Saturday Night Live skit, written by Jerry Tsai?

Image of children sleeping.
Image of the White House at night.
Riiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg.
Hillary reaches for and answers the phone.
Hillary: "Why do I always have to be the first to answer the phone?"
Hillary, handing the phone to Barack: "It's for you."
Hillary fluffs Barack's pillow.
Barack: "I'm Barack Obama and I approve this message."

1 comment:

Scout said...

I was wrong, but only because I committed too soon. I went with the polls and the late polls all swung to Clinton. If I had waited until Monday evening to make my prediction, I might have been more accurate.

However, the delegate count is still being calculated and Obama's night will look better by that measure. Clinton still has a tough hill to climb to overcome Obama's lead in pledged delegates.

It's on to Wyoming and Mississippi.