Saturday, November 18, 2006

Elna Christopher says she is not "Ed Cognoski"

Tom Pauken, of Dallas Blog, has accused me of being Elna Christopher, spokeswoman for the Texas Association of Counties. The notion is ludicrous.

Of course, I am not Elna Christopher. I told Mr Pauken that before, but he refused to accept it. I'm afraid that closed-minded attitude reflects the commission Gov Perry set up to cut local taxes in the name of appraisal reform. The Fort Worth Star-Telegram accurately described Mr Pauken's road show around Texas as a "public relations campaign" rather than an honest attempt to gather inputs.

Personally, I'm not against addressing issues with property appraisals and taxes and funding local government. I have explained that here and in comments on Dallas Blog. What I am against is Gov Perry's dog and pony show aimed at building support for more tax cuts and shifting the tax burden from the wealthy to the middle and working class and calling it all "appraisal reform".

1 comment:

Scout said...

LOL. As of today, April 4, 2007, if you do a Google search on "Elna Christopher" the first hit returned is this blog post. Poor Ms Christopher. Tom Pauken's obsessive suspicions have caused even Google to go astray. Mr Pauken probably doesn't even know what the term Google bombing means, but he's accomplished it. ;-)