Monday, January 22, 2007

Conservatives, our hubris created this waste of a war

Dallas Morning News | Rod Dreher:
“When 9/11 happened, I was relieved to have a stiff-spined Republican in the White House instead of a Democratic squish. ... I was a fool. Now I find myself in an unsettling position for a conservative: duty-bound to instruct my children never to take presidents or generals at their word and to always question authority.”
Ed Cognoski responds:

Rod Dreher is experiencing a mid-life crisis. In other forums, he explains how he put his faith in the Catholic Church ... and was let down. Here, he put his faith in the Republican Party ... and was let down. He knows he was let down, but only dimly understands what let him down. He thinks it was Presidents and generals and authority. In fact, it was faith itself. Let reason be your guide.

No comments: