Wednesday, October 10, 2007

We live in a vale of tears

DallasMorningViews | Rod Dreher:
“It about kills me that Diana Krall, who's only my favorite singer in the whole world, is coming to Dallas this weekend to play the Meyerson, and I can't go. ... If you don't know Diana Krall's work, oh my, my, my, just listen. Somebody else better buy my seats at the Meyerson, because it is an offense against proper theology and geometry that there should be any empty seats when La Dolce Diana plays and sings.”
Ed Cognoski responds:

In a letter to the Dallas Observer, Rod Dreher objects to being treated as a "flip-flopper experiencing sophomore-year epiphanies." Then, he goes and publicly blogs about his sophomoric crush on a pop singer.

I don't know Rod Dreher, but he strikes me as being emotionally fragile. He put his heart into Catholicism until the church disappointed him for some reason or other, whereupon he converted to Eastern Orthodoxy. He put his heart and soul into political conservatism, until the Republican neo-cons disappointed him in Iraq. Now he whines endlessly as if George Bush and Dick Cheney picked on him personally.

Let's hope Diana Krall continues to sing the smooth jazz love songs Rod Dreher is smitten with. I'd hate to see the mood swing that might be triggered if she ever put out a CD of, say, hip hop. His reaction wouldn't be pretty, I'm afraid. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned... or in this case, man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like Diana Krall, too, but geez. Rod-Boy proves again that he is the silliest man on the face of the earth.